Friday, January 30, 2009

Change

Change is inevitable. Show me something that is not changing and I will show you something that is dying. A seed, in order to yield the fruit of its nature has to change. A single human cell multiples and changes millions of times over in order to become a fetus. Change is necessary. It is impactful. Whether it is good or bad, rapid or gradual, change must occur.

I wince at the thought of change. I tend to cling to those things, people and places that are familiar. So, when changes occur, whether it be good or bad, I shrink back from the process. But what I am discovering is that I am in a constant state of change. Everyday my experiences and the people that I meet are impacting me and changing me. Changing my personality, and my point of views. Changing my ideals and expectations. I can not escape it. I am a prisoner of change. Bound forever to its nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment